Import export of civilian weapons, their main (composite) parts, rounds (or their parts) and items constructively similar to weapons
In section 1.6 of the list of goods in respect of which prohibition for the import into the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union and (or) export from the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union wasestablished, approved by decision of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission of April 21, 2015 № 30 "About non-tariff regulation measures" (further - Decision № 30). In Decision №30 the list of service and civilian weapons, their main parts and rounds, prohibited for import and (or) export was defined.
Such weapons include:
- long-barrel firearms with capacity (cylinder) over 10 rounds, having the length of the barrel or breech frame length less than 500 mm, and a total length of weapons is less than 800 mm, also the construction which can do its length less than 800 mm and do not lost the ability to fired shots;
- magazines (cylinders) with capacity of more than 10 rounds to fire long-barreled weapons;
- weapons that allows burst rate of fire;
- weapon in the shape of imitation of other objects;
- smoothbore firearms, made for the rounds for firearms with a rifled barrel, except arms of "paradox" system, which has no more than 40% of the rifled part of the barrel length;
- flails, brass knuckles, shurikens, boomerangs and other specially adapted for use as a weapon the items of shock-crushing, throwing, piercing-cutting action, with the exception of sports equipment, which were referred to them by law of the state members of the Eurasian Economic Union;
- cold bladed weapons and knives, blades and cutting-edge of which are either automatically extracted from the handle by pressing the button or lever and are fixed by them, or matured by gravity or rapid movement and automatically locked with the length of the sward blade and the blade more than 90 mm;
- Rounds with armor-piercing, incendiary, explosive or tracer bullets with a displaced center of gravity, as well as rounds with shot charger for gas pistols and revolvers;
- weapons and other items, damage effect of which is based on the use of radioactive emission and biological effects;
- gas weapons, equipped with nerve, toxic and other substances prohibited for use by the authorized body of the member state of the Eurasian Economic Union in the field of health, as well as gas weapons capable of causing damage at a distance of one meter. The damage of which is not life-threatening, but entailing long-term health disorder for more than 21 days or a significant permanent disability by 10 percent or more;
- weapons and rounds to them, with technical characteristics which do not meet forensic requirements established by the laws of the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union;
- weapons and rounds to them, which do not meet safety requirements established by technical regulations in the field of trafficking in civil and service weapon and rounds to them;
- weapons and other items, damage effect of which is based on the use of electromagnetic, light, thermal, subsonic or ultrasonic radiation;
- tubeless fire weapons, electric shock devices and spark dischargers with output parameters exceeding the values which were set by state standards of member states of the Eurasian Economic Union ;
- weapons made from materials that do not allow metal detectors to detect them;
- mass and dimensions models made of military weapons.
Section 2.22 of the list of goods in respect of which was established a permission order for importation into the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union and (or) export from the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union, approved by the Decision № 30, a list of service and civilian weapons, their main (composite) parts and ammunition to them was specified.
Such weapons include, e.g.:
-gas pistols and revolvers, including the possibility of firing of rubber bullets;
-sport pistols and revolvers with a rifled barrel;
-service pistols and revolvers with a rifled barrel;
-tubeless fire weapons (revolvers and pistols, including traumatic cartridges);
-sport smoothbore weapons;
-sport rifle with a rifled barrel;
- hunting single-barrel smoothbore long barrel arms;
- hunting double-barreled or combined arms;
-hunting double-barreled smoothbore weapons, including barrel of various calibers;
-hunting weapons with a rifled barrel;
-main (integral) components of the sport pistols and revolvers (barrel, bolt, cylinder, frame, receiver, trigger and the parts which belong to it);
-main (integral) components of the service pistols and revolvers (barrel, bolt, cylinder, frame, receiver, trigger and the parts which belong to it);
-barrels of hunting and sport smoothbore weapons and carbines;
-rifled barrels of hunting and sport rifles and carbines;
-cartridges for sport and service pistols and revolvers, tubeless fire-arms;
-shell casings encapsulated to the sport and service pistols and revolvers;
-cold bladed hunting weapons (hunting knives and daggers);
-sport bows and crossbows;
-electric weapon (electric shock devices and spark dischargers with output parameters which comply with the norms established by the authorized body of the member state of the Eurasian Economic Union in the field of health), and others.
Export of firearms, missiles and pneumatic weapons manufactured before 1899 (with the exception of firearms made for firing fixed ammunition of central fire), other cold arms, made before the end of 1945, as well as firearms, manufactured in 1900 - 1945, and cold arms made 50 years ago and more, included in section 2.22 of the list of goods, in respect of which permission order for importation into the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union and (or) export from the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union was established, approved by Decision № 30, is conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Regulation on the export from the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union in cultural property, documents and national archives and original archival documents, approved by Decision № 30.
In accordance with subparagraph 2 of paragraph 2 of Article 8 of the Agreement on the transfer of goods for personal use by natural persons across the customs border of the Customs Union and customs operations related to the production of goods of 18 June 2010 (hereinafter - the Agreement), goods for personal use for which prohibitions and restrictions are applied should be declared. The form and the order for filling out a passenger customs declaration are approved by the Customs Union Commission of June 18, 2010 № 287.
According to Article 356 of the Customs Code of the Customs Union filing the passenger customs declaration to customs authority must be accompanied by documents confirming the information stated in it, including documents confirming compliance with limits.
Import and (or) export of weapons, against which a permission order was set, is conducted with the conclusion issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs or the Department of Internal Affairs of the regional executive committees, the General Directorate of Internal Affairs of Minsk executive committee on the basis of an application (the official website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus - www.mvd.gov.by).
Placing weapons, copies and replicas of antique weapons under the customs procedure for refusal in favor of the state and the destruction is carried out without submission of the conclusion (permission) to the customs authority.
In accordance with subparagraph 4.3 of paragraph 4 of Annex 2 to the Agreement, the import of any weapons (their parts), rounds for them (their parts) structurally similar to civilian and service weapons into the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union by international post mail is prohibited.
Please, note that the order of pneumatic weapons and ammunition transfer across the customs border of the Eurasian Economic Union is established in Article Import / export of pneumatic weapons and ammunition, located in the subsection "The order of import / export of certain categories of goods for personal use: pets, pneumatic weapons and ammunition, awards, orders, medals, civilian weapons, medicines containing narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances" from the "Travelers".