Temporary export/import of goods on ATA Carnet
The ATA Carnet is an international customs document, enabling easy and quick effecting of the temporary import of goods for trade fairs and exhibitions, as well as commercial samples and professional equipment.
77 countries are in the system of the ATA Carnets. In the Republic of Belarus, the ATA carnet system has been operating since August 15, 2004.
- for demonstration or use at exhibitions, fairs, conferences or similar events, for example, exhibition products, stands, objects of painting and antiques;
- professional equipment, including press equipment, props necessary for artists and theatrical companies, musical instruments;
- commercial samples of manufactured products.
The ATA Carnet is not applied to the following goods:
- food products, beverages (including alcoholic beverages), tobacco products;
- waste, including industrial waste;
- goods intended for processing or repair.
- Valid for 1 year from the date of issue of the document (if necessary, extension is possible);
- One document for several customs procedures (temporary export / import, transit);
- Ability to export and import the goods specified in the carnet ATA in one or several batches;
- Ability to consistently visit several countries;
- Exclude financial guarantees at customs;
- The cost of goods listed in the ATA Carnet is unlimited;
- Accepted by the customs authorities as an international operating guarantee to ensure payment of customs duties, taxes and charges;
- Expenses related to temporary export / import of goods are reduced.
The procedure of obtaining ATA Carnet takes less time than going through all the customs formalities. At the border entry point the customs officer tears away the leaf of the relevant colour (voucher) to be left at the customs authorities and endorses the other ATA Carnet leafs (vouchers). The ATA Carnet holder shall return the document to the issuing Chamber of Commerce and Industry after the implementation of all the operations with or upon the expiration of the ATA Carnet.
Detailed information www.cci.by, tel. number +375 17 334 97 09