The Criminal Code of the Republic of Belarus
Article 431. Bribery
1. Bribery is punished by a fine or correctional labor for up to two years, or by arrest, or restriction of freedom for up to two years, or by deprivation of freedom for up to five years.
2. Repeated bribery or in a large amount is punished by restriction of freedom for between two and seven years.
3. Bribery by a previously convicted person for the crimes provided by articles 430,431 and 432 of this very Code is punished by imprisonment for a term of five to ten years with confiscation of property or without confiscation.
Note. A person who has given a bribe is released from criminal liability if extortion of a bribe took place against him or if this person voluntarily stated about the deed after giving a bribe.
Putting the funds in the documents applied for customs purposes to an official of the customs authority at a checkpoint across the State Border of the Republic of Belarus, unless there is evidence of giving a bribe, forms the objective side of the administrative offense specified in Article 23.32 of the Code of the Republic of Belarus on Administrative Offenses.
The Code of the Republic of Belarus on Administrative Offenses
Article 23.32. Violation of the regime at checkpoints across the State border of the Republic of Belarus
Violation of the regime at checkpoints across the State border of the Republic of Belarus, as well as attempting such a violation, entails a warning with deportation or without deportation, or imposing a fine of up to fifty basic units with deportation or without deportation.
Acts stipulated in part 1 of present article, committed repeatedly within one year after the imposition of an administrative penalty for the same violations - entail the imposition of a fine in the amount of ten to one hundred basic units with deportation or without deportation.
The Law of the Republic of Belarus of July 21, 2008 "About the State Border of the Republic of Belarus" (as amended by the Law of the Republic of Belarus №. 242-Z of January 10, 2015).
From Article 1:
The regime at the checkpoints - the order of entry into the checkpoints, movement within the checkpoints and departure from them of natural persons and vehicles, including rights, duties and restrictions for natural persons at border crossings, the requirements of crossing scheme of natural persons, vehicles and goods through the State border, as well as the procedure for carrying out economic and other activities at border crossings;
From Article 43Rights and duties of natural persons at the checkpoint:
At the checkpoints forbidden:
- To take photo and video
- To talk on mobile communications, which impede the implementation of border and other types of control;
- Leave funds in documents to be checked;
- To commit act aimed at inciting the officials of the state control authorities to violate the established procedure for the implementation of border and other types of control, including offering and (or) transferring any material values to them, offering and (or) providing the benefits of the property nature.
Regulations on the regime at checkpoints across the State Border of the Republic of Belarus, approved by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of January 22, 2009, № 70 "About measures to implement the Law of the Republic of Belarus" About the State Border "
From paragraph 11
Natural persons crossing the state border of the Republic of Belarus must put off the documents cover in advance and take away all the attachments before supplying them to officials of state control bodies for inspection.