We invite a specialist to serve as an administrative consultant for a resident expert (Service Contract)
The EU funded Twinning Project “Strengthening cooperation between the EU and the Republic of Belarus in the customs sector” is seeking a qualified expert to fill the assignment of the
Administrative Consultant for Resident Twinning Advisor
The Twinning Project in Belarus is implemented by the consortium consisting of the German Central Customs Authority, the Polish National Revenue Administration, and the Customs Department under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania, together with the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus (SCC) and the Delegation of the European Union to Belarus. The purpose of the Twinning Project is to strengthen the capacities of the SCC and to contribute to the establishment of a working model for cooperation in the customs area between the EU and the Republic of Belarus so that legitimate trade is facilitated and supply chain risks in international commerce are minimized. Therefore, the Twinning Project will support SCC in building up its capacity in the areas of regulatory framework, information exchange, vocational training and re-training capabilities, utilization of the customs infrastructure and dialogue with business partners.
Th Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been assigned by the German Central Customs Authority to support the project implementation by providing project and financial management to the Twinning Project. The project is projected to start its implementation on 1 September 2020 and will last 24 months.
Objective of the assignment:
In order to have a smooth project implementation and support the administrative needs and requests of the three Member State partners and the SCC, the Twinning Project expressed the necessity for additional support of an Administrative Consultant, who is highly experienced with international projects and also familiar with the Belarusian context. The Administrative Consultant should help the Twinning Project in developing certain administrative documents and important project deliverables.
Scope of Assignment and main activities:
The Administrative Consultant will provide the following services:
1. Project environment in Belarus:
· Familiarise herself with the project system in place in Belarus, the framework of Twinning Projects by the European Union and the official Twinning Manual of the European Union, applying to the present Twinning Project.
2. Project needs assessment (administrative level):
· Analyse existing needs and develop necessary project documents, deliverables and visibility material, which are requested by the Twinning Manual, the official Twinning Contract and the European Union, referring to the implementation of the project and any official visibility measures.
3. Kick-off Conference:
· Create a checklist to be used for all organisational aspects of the Kick-off Conference and share it with the project partners for successful implementation of the project.
· Analyse the possible participants from the public and create a list of participants.
· Design templates for all project deliverables, necessary to implement the Kick-off Conference, including visibility material, press releases and other project documents.
· Summarise the communication activities of the general public on the project (press releases and other reports).
4. Steering Committee Meetings:
· Prepare project documentation for the Steering Committee Meetings, which will take place during the assignment.
5. Project documents and deliverables during the project implementation:
· Design general templates for official project events, project documents and further deliverables for all activities taking place under Component 1 to 5 of the Twinning Project.
1. Kick-Off Conference Documentation:
· 1 Template for Project Leaflet,
· 1 Template for Press Release of the Project,
· 1 Template for Project Banner,
· 1 List of Participants,
· 1 Presentation for the Kick-Off Event,
· 1 Service Order document and contract to be agreed with the venue of the Kick-Off Conference,
· 1 Service Order document and contract for visibility material suppliers,
· 1 Service Order document for an interpreter for the Kick-Off Event,
· Brief analysis report on market situation with regards to venues, interpreters and suppliers for visibility material,
· Translation of the developed documents above, if the need is requested during the assignment’s duration.
2. Steering Committee Meetings:
· 1 General Template for Quarterly Reports,
· 1 General Template for Financial Reports,
· 1 General Template for the Project Presentation during the Steering Committee Meetings every project quarter,
· Development of up to 5 Project Presentations for the Steering Committee Meetings, with 15 to 20 slides per presentation,
· Brief report (1-2 pages per quarter) on quality check results of all quarterly reports and financial reports occurring during the assignment and alignment with the Twinning Manual.
3. Project documents and deliverables during the project implementation:
· 1 General Template for Mission Certificates of the project,
· 1 General Template for Time Sheets of the project,
· 1 General Template for Mission Reports of the project,
· 1 General Instruction Guide for Short-Term Experts of the project including project logistics, hotel information, transport information etc.,
· 1 General Terms of Reference document for the project,
· 1 General Template for Side Letter,
· Development of up to 100 Terms of References, 100 Mission Certificates and 100 corresponding Time Sheets, aligned with the requirements of the Twinning Manual and the Twinning Contract, after every expert mission under the Twinning Project, taking place under Component 1 to 5,
· Arranging hotel, transports and logistic support upon request of each Short-Term Expert,
· Design and development of Side Letters for the project.
Inputs, Timeframe and Location
The assignment is scheduled to start on 2 September 2020 for a total of up to 180 working days. The assignment will end on 1 September 2021. The assignment of the Administrative Consultant shall be delivered in Minsk and the whole assignment should be designed as follows:
No. of Working Days (up to) and base of delivery
Project environment in Belarus
Project needs assessment (administrative level)
Steering Committee Meetings
Project documents and deliverables during the project implementation
Total Working Days (up to)
The Administrative Consultant reports to the Resident Twinning Advisor, the Project Leaders and GIZ Project Manager and Financial Advisor.
Requirements to candidates:
· University degree (Master), preferably in the field of Public Administration/ Law/ Economics or at least three years professional experience in relevant field/sector;
· Preferably knowledge of structures and terminology of Customs processes, trade and business sector, and economics, gained through professional work experience in the sector or through University studies;
· At least one reference to work experience in international projects / organisations and / or at least one year of professional work experience outside of Belarus would be an advantage;
· At least 3 years of professional experience in office management and / or project management;
· Professional certificate in English language knowledge;
The applicant may not be (or have been in the past 6 months) a civil servant or agent of the beneficiary administration (SCC) nor be on leave from the beneficiary to take up the position.
Your application in English language must include:
· Letter of intention, signed by the applicant, explaining the compliance with the eligibility criteria for the specification post;
· Europass CV in English language with detailed description of professional experience and education (with exact dates); the following format should be used: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions
· Copies of supporting documents (the copy of the University diploma, reference letters and certificates in the original language and, if available, in English).
All documents must be sent only one time in PDF format. Incomplete applications or sent to the mentioned email address after the above deadline will be disqualified and treated as non-eligible.
Only applicants selected for the interview will be notified.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview remotely via Skype or MS Teams or locally in Minsk in the last week of July 2020. An assignment may be part of the interview.
Subject of the email: Application for “Administrative Consultant for Resident Twinning Advisor”