The order of movement of cash, traveler's cheques, monetary instruments across the customs border of the Eurasian Economic Union
In accordance with subparagraphs 7) and 8) of paragraph 1 of Article 260 of the Customs Code of the Eurasian Economic Union, customs declaration in writing are subject to:
- both for import and for export cash and traveler's cheques in a total amount exceeding the equivalent of 10 000 US dollars;
- monetary instruments, with the exception of traveler's cheques.
Cash includes moneys in the form of banknotes and treasury notes, coins (with the exception of precious metal coins).
Monetary instruments includes traveler's cheques, bills, checks (bank cheques), as well as securities in the documentary form, certifying the obligation for payment of cash by the debtor, without a specified person to whom such payment is made.
When moving through the customs border of the Customs Union, individual cash and (or) traveler's cheques in a total amount exceeding the equivalent of 10 000 US dollars, cash and (or) traveler's cheques shall be declared by filling the basic (2 copies) and additional documents of the passenger customs declaration on the entire amount transferred cash and (or) traveler's cheques.
When the customs declaration of monetary instruments (except traveler's cheques) in the passenger customs declaration indicates the nominal value of the monetary instrument in the currency of the country - a member of the Customs Union or foreign currency. In the absence of nominal value of financial instruments in the passenger customs declaration indicates the number of transferred monetary instruments.
In the case of movement of cash and (or) monetary instruments subject to obligatory declaration in writing in the passenger customs declaration should be additionally contain the following information:
1)Details of the document (visa if available), confirming the right of a foreign citizen or stateless person to stay (reside) in the territory of the Member State of the Customs Union, residential address (registration) or place of stay in the territory of the Member State;
2) Information on the financial instruments (except traveler's cheques) is a monetary instrument, the name of the organization that issued the monetary instrument, date of issue and identification number, if any;
3) Information about the source of cash and (or) monetary instruments, the owner of cash and (or) monetary instruments in cases when they are not owned by the declarant as well as the intended use;
4) Information about the route and the mode of transportation (type of transport) cash and (or) monetary instruments.
At the same time both for import and for export, cash and traveler's cheques in a total amount not exceeding the equivalent of 10 000 US dollars, can be declared if the natural person desires so.